Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fresh Fruit Bruschetta

Okay, I'll admit it. I haven't actually made this recipe. I just found it online and I already know that I'll love it. Very fruity and spring-y. Here's the link to the recipe with pictures and all. I'll post directions here too.

Fresh Fruit Bruschetta with Orange-Honey Cream
Recipe by Our Best Bites
1 baguette or similar-sized French bread loaf
4 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1-1/2 C diced strawberries (about 10 medium strawberries)
1 C finely diced mango (about 1 medium mango) (I really hate mango, so I think I'll opt for raspberries or maybe bananas instead)
1 C finely diced kiwi (about 3 kiwi)

1/2 C Breakstone's Sour Cream
3 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp orange zest

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice bread into 1/2 inch slices. Place in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to brush each piece with melted butter. Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle evenly over bread slices. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are toasted. Set aside to cool.

While bread is toasting, combine Breakstone's Sour Cream, honey, and orange zest. Stir to combine and place in the fridge.

Combine strawberries, mango, and kiwi and stir gently to combine. When bread is cooled, place about 1 Tbsp. of fruit mixture on top of each toasted bread slice and drizzle with sweet sour cream mixture. If needed, thin sour cream sauce with 1/2-1 tsp orange juice. Garnish with mint leaves if desired. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you make this? Do you have a recipe to share? We want to know! Share the comment love. :)